Borage and cured ham croquettes
- Dantza® Borage
- Chopped cured ham
- 1 chive
- 600 ml milk
- 3 tablespoon flour
- Flour, egg and breadcrumbs
- Add finely chopped chive into a medium-heat pan with a dash of oil.
- Drain the Dantza® Borage and reserve part of the liquid.
- Add drained and chopped borages into the pan.
- Add chopped cured ham and stir well.
- Add flour into the pan and cook for a few minutes until it is brown.
- Add a little bit of the liquid of the preserve and nutmeg, ground pepper and salt.
- Gradually add heated milk. Simmer, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Transfer mixture into a bowl, cover with cling film and leave it until completely cold and set, at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Shape the mixture with your hands, roll into log shape. Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in separate dishes. Toss the mixture in flour, dip in egg and roll in breadcrumbs. Once they are made, refrigerate them for a while (10 min. aprox.)
- Fry croquettes in a deep pot over medium-high heat until golden brown. Transfer them to paper towel-lined tray to drain and enjoy this typical Spanish dish.