Cardoon of Navarra with almond sauce
- 1 bottle Dantza® Cardoon
- 50g raw almonds
- 25g pine nuts
- 1 big clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 125ml milk
- Olive Oil
- Grind almonds and pine nuts in a mortar and set aside. Ideally, do not chop them very finely, it is better into a small pieces and not powder.
- Add finley chopped garlic into a medium-heat pot with a dash of olive oil.
- Add cornflour when garlic starts to brown and cook them for a minute.
- Add chopped almonds and pine nuts and stir well.
- Pour the milk and stir until it becomes a creamy bechamel and add salt and pepper.
- Reserve the liquid of canned cardoon. If sauce is thick you can add it until getting desired textura.
- Serve it very hot and enjoy this healthy and delicious recipe.